1. General information
- The owner of the online shop sklep.becker-polska.com.pl is the company Gebr. Becker GmbH. Your orders and other services will be carried out by Becker Polska Sp. z o.o. (further: “Becker Polska” and jointly as: “Becker”).
- Becker takes advantage of the services of its service providers in order to perform its services and process data (including to host user data in a safe processing centre or to store data provided within newsletter subscriptions). The service providers process data only at Becker’s request and have been obliged to comply with the applicable data protection regulations. All the processors were carefully chosen and obtain access to the data only to the extent and over a period needed to perform the services requested. All the servers of the service providers engaged by Becker are located in the territory of the European Union.
- Becker uses technical and organisational security measures in order to possibly comprehensively protect personal data against unauthorised access. In addition to securing the working environment, in certain areas (online submissions, contact form, inquiry forms), Becker uses in specific cases encryption procedures. The information furnished is subsequently transmitted as encrypted with the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol, in order to prevent its improper use by third parties, which process can be identified by the padlock symbol on the browser status bar and by the fact that the website address starts with “https”.
- The website performs the functions of obtaining and storing information about its Users in the following manner:
- by way of information provided in voluntarily filled in forms;
- by saving cookies in the terminal equipment;
- by collecting www server logs by the hosting operator.
2. Personal data contained in the forms
- The website collects information provided voluntarily by the User during the registration process. The User is not obliged to provide the personal data required in the form; however, their provision is necessary for services to be provided by Becker Polska (e.g. in order to perform the order or handle a service request).
- In addition to the above, the website can record information about the connection parameters (time designation, IP address).
- The controller of those data is Becker Polska Sp. z o.o., with its registered office in Pianowo no. 46, 64 – 000 Kościan, Poland and Gebr. Becker GmbH., with its registered office in Hölker Feld 29-31, 42279 Wuppertal in Germany (jointly referred to as: “Becker”).
- The data provided in the form will be transmitted only to the entities with whom Becker Polska co-operates in performance of the agreement on purchasing the goods bought by Users, i.e.:
- courier companies co-operating with Becker Polska in performance of the orders (e.g. DHL Express), where the User chose the option of delivery by courier,
- entities handling the payments: (i) courier companies – where the User chose to make the “cash on delivery” payment , (ii) PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. & Cie. S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxemburgh – where the user chose the payment method as the paypal.com system, (iii) Stripe Payments Europe Ltd., 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin, Ireland – where the User chose the payment method as the “Stripe” system, (iv) other payment operators with whom Becker Polska co-operates / will enter into co-operation in order to receive the price for the goods purchased by Users, (iv) authorised individuals of Becker Polska in order to collect the payment for the goods ordered - where the User chose the “personal collection” option,
- entities that perform the services from the technical perspective - in particular this refers to transmitting information about the holder of a registered domain to Internet domain operators (first of all Naukowa i Akademicka Sieć Komputerowa j.b.r. – NASK), as well as to other entities with whom the website operator co-operators in this respect,
- state authorities, based on requests made in accordance with the law, to the extent arising from such requests.
- Personal data provided in the form are processed for the purpose arising from the function of the particular form, e.g. in order to perform the order; handle the service request process, complaining process or the business agreement.
- User’s personal data will be processed:
- based on article 6 section 1 letter b) of the GDPR, i.e. for the purposes connected with execution and performance of the agreement (to create an account in the online shop, process the order placed by the User or perform a service request),
- based on article 6 section 1 letter c) of the GDPR, i.e. where the processing is needed to perform a legal obligation resting with the Controller (e.g. as part of complaining procedure),
- based on article 6 section 1 letter f) of the GDPR, i.e. where the processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the Controller (e.g. for statistical purposes, in order to confirm performance of its obligations by Becker Polska, to pursue claims and to defend against claims),
- based on article 6 section 1 letter a) of the GDPR, i.e. User’s consent to process personal data (in order to send to the User information about products and/or services).
- User’s personal data will be stored during the life if the agreement and for the mandatory period applicable to the retention of documentation connected with the provision of services, which is determined in accordance with separate regulations or which is necessary to perform a legal obligation resting with the Controller or to pursue or protect oneself from claims. If the user submits a request to delete his account in the online shop, Becker Polska may process the User’s data over a period needed to confirm performance of the obligations resting with the Controller and to pursue or defend against claims that may be brought against Becker Polska.
- User’s personal data will not be subject to automated decision making or profiling.
- User’s personal data will not be transmitted outside the European Union or the EEA.
- The User has the right to access to the content of his personal data, to rectify or erase them, to restrict their processing, the right to data portability, the right to object, to withdraw consent to the processing at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- The User is entitled to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Authority (PUODO), where he/she finds that personal data processing violates the law.
3. Information about cookies
- Absolutely necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary to enable the user to move around on the site and use its functions, e.g. while accessing password-protected areas (e.g. the user account). Without these cookies, we are unable to provide access to specific services expected by the user. We use absolutely necessary cookies for unambiguous identification of the registered users, as a result of which they are recognised while using or re-entering the site.
- Cookies ensuring functionality/customization: These cookies enable websites to remember earlier data given by the User in order to provide him/her with optimized and customized functions. As a result, the website may be displayed in the language preferred by the user.
- One of the methods to prevent analysis of the activity on the website by Google Analytics is activating the opt-out cookies, which contain instructions for the Google not to save or use user data for the purposes of analysing websites. Noticeably, if this solution is chosen, the analysis of websites is disabled only until the time the op-out cookie is saved in the browser. In order to activate the opt-out cookie now, please click here.
- Saving cookies used for creation of profiles may also be prevented by appropriate settings in the browser’s software.
- Depending on the browser used, a plug-in can be installed to prevent activity tracking. In order to do that, please click here and install a browser plug-in available to us.
- Consent may be denied while a message automatically pops out while our website is being opened
Information is collected about the user activity on the website (e.g. viewing pages, visited pages). All the personal data concerning website usage are stored together with a pseudonym, as a result of which identification of a specific person is precluded. In general, cookies may be prevented from being saved on the hard drive by choosing in the browser settings the option “Do not accept cookies”. Also, the browser can be set so that it asks about consent before a cookie is saved. Finally, saved cookies can be deleted at any time. The browser’s help tab enables familiarisation with the browser's specific operations. If the user does not accept cookies, this may cause in specific cases limitation on our website operation. Notably, if cookies are deleted, re-activation of opt-out cookies may be necessary.
4. Collecting server logs
Where a User visits our website, in order to ensure system security, online servers as a standard save temporarily in logs certain data about the connection of the computer sending the request, our pages visited by the User, visit date and duration, data identifying the browser type and the operating system used, and the website from which the user was transferred to our site.
Such data record consists of:
- data and time of entering the website
- IP address of the computer sending request
- name and URL address of the file being opened
- website from which the User was transferred to our site (Referrer URL)
- browser or potentially operating system used
The said data are processed by us in the following purposes:
- ensuring correct connection with the website
- ensuring convenient usage of our website
- analysis of system security and stability and
- other administrative purposes
The legal basis for processing the personal data is our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest arises from the aforesaid personal data collection purposes. The personal data collected are in no way used for identification of the User’s person. If there are exceptions to this principle, they will be described below. Collecting data in order to provide access to the website and storing data in logs is absolutely necessary to operate the website. As a result, the User has no objection right in this respect.
5. User’s rights
The User has the rights to access, rectify, erase, restrict the processing, object to the processing of data, and the right to data portability.
1. Rights of access, information and rectification
The User can request access to his/her personal data being processed by Becker. If the personal data are (already) incorrect, the user may request that they be rectified. If the data are incomplete, the user may request that they be completed. If we transmit user data to third parties, we inform those third parties about the rectification having been made by the User, whenever this is required by the law.
2. Right to erase personal data
The User may request that his/her personal data be deleted without delay due to the following reasons:
- where the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- where the User has withdrawn the consent based on which the processing is carried out and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- where the User is lodging an objection to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- where the User’s personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- where the User’s personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation. Significantly, the right to erase data depends on whether there is a legal purpose for the need to process the data.
3. Right to restrict the processing of User's personal data
The User is entitled to request that the processing of his personal data be restricted for one of the following reasons:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the User - for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and the User opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- Becker no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- The User has objected to the processing under article 21 section 1 of the GDPR - pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Becker override those of the User.
4. Right to object
Becker may process Users’ persona data based on legitimate interests or in the public interest. In such cases, the User is entitled to object to the data processing. This also covers a situation in which we use data for direct marketing.
5. Right to data portability
The User is entitled to receive personal data provided by Becker in a format enabling their portability. In addition, he is entitled to transmit those personal data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, whenever processing is carried out based on consent or an agreement and where the processing is carried out in automated way.
While exercising this right, the User may in addition request that his personal data be transmitted by Becker directly to another controller, where technically feasible. This may not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. The right to data portability does not apply to processing in so far as necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.