Terms and conditions
General terms and conditions
for the Becker Spare Parts Online Shop
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the following terms and conditions apply to the contractual relationships concluded via this Becker Spare Parts Online Shop. These terms and conditions below do not apply to consumers. Different terms and conditions, such as in orders or in purchase order forms, only apply if we have expressly acknowledged them in writing. They do not obligate us without recognition, even if we do not expressly object.
The same applies if we deliver all or part of the ordered goods or accept payments.
All references herein to 'The Company' shall be deemed to mean Becker UK Limited.
All references herein to 'The Purchaser' shall be deemed to mean anyone whether persons or body corporate who places an Order with the Company for a product.
I. Registration as a customer
1. Your registration for the Becker Spare Parts Online Shop is free of charge. You will be activated after your registration as a new customer has been checked by us. We reserve the right to reject your registration as a customer after the check has been completed. You have no entitlement to registration or admission to the Becker Spare Parts Online Shop.
The Becker Spare Parts Online Shop is aimed exclusively at companies and entrepreneurs and not at individual consumers. For your registration, it is therefore necessary to confirm your company status and to specify your VAT identification number. The data required for registration must be provided in full and truthfully by you. With the registration you choose a personal password. You are obliged to keep the password secret and never to disclose it to third parties.
3. If the details you provide when registering change, you are responsible for updating them yourself. All changes can be made online after logging in under "My Account”.
4. You can at any time arrange for the deletion of all data provided and stored during registration as well as the customer account by submitting the corresponding order through entry in the contact form. The deletion will be made no later than one month after the order has been placed.
II. Conclusion of contract and contract language
1. The presentation of the goods in the Becker Spare Parts Online Shop does not represent a legally binding offer, but an invitation to order.
2. By clicking on the "Buy Now” button (order with obligation to pay) in the last step of the order process, you submit a binding offer to purchase the goods displayed in the order overview. Immediately after sending the order, you will receive an order confirmation, which, however, does not constitute the acceptance of your contract offer. A contract between you and us comes about as soon as we accept your order by a separate confirmation e-mail. Please check the SPAM folder of your e-mail inbox if you do not receive a confirmation within 24 hours of order.
3. You can select goods for purchase in the Becker Spare Parts Online Shop by clicking on the corresponding button and placing them in a shopping basket. You can process the shopping basket at any time by removing goods from the shopping basket or by changing the number of selected goods. If you want to complete the order, you can go to the shopping basket and then to the checkout or directly to the checkout. When you go to the checkout, you will see the billing and delivery address as well as the method of payment and shipping. You have the option of changing the displayed address and order data and, if necessary, entering your own order number and/or comment. Before placing the order with obligation to pay, you will see at the checkout the goods that are in your shopping basket, along with a cost overview and you have the opportunity to correct your order. A binding offer within the meaning of paragraph 2 is only made by subsequently pressing the “Buy Now” button (order with obligation to pay).
4. The language provided for concluding the contract is exclusively English.
III. Correction notice
1. In the context of the described order process, you select the desired goods by placing them in the shopping basket. You can access the shopping basket at any time and change the desired quantity or remove selected goods completely from the shopping basket.
2. When you go to the checkout to complete your order, you will see the billing and delivery address as well as the method of payment and shipping. You have the option of changing the displayed address and order data by clicking on the "Change" button. Before placing the order with obligation to pay, you will see at the checkout the goods that are in your shopping basket, along with a cost overview and you have the option of correcting your order by removing goods from the basket or changing the selected quantity of goods.
3. You can cancel the order process by deleting the goods in the shopping basket or submit a binding offer to buy the goods in the shopping basket by clicking on the "Buy Now” button (order with obligation to pay); see section II of these terms and conditions.
IV. Storage of the contract text
The contractual provisions with details of the ordered goods will be sent to you by e-mail with acceptance of the contract offer or with the notification thereof. The contractual provisions are stored in our internal inventory management system. The terms of delivery can be called up and saved via the website of the Becker Spare Parts Online Shop, www.becker-international-shop.com.
V. Prices and payment
1. Prices displayed are ex-works Becker UK, Hull, HU3 4XS, excluding packaging, freight, customs clearance, customs fees, fees, postage, insurance and other shipping costs. The shipping costs are displayed when you go to the checkout, as well as the other above-mentioned costs, to be paid by you. Value added tax in the respective legal amount is added to the prices.
2. The purchase price is due with the order and must be paid together with the shipping costs as well as any costs incurred that are specified in the order. Payment is possible by invoice or by means of the Stripe payment service provider. The selected payment method must be activated either by us (invoice) or the respective payment service provider (Stripe). When ordering by invoice, the terms of payment for customers apply.
3. The right to withhold payments or set off against counterclaims is only granted to you insofar as the counterclaims are undisputed or legally binding.
4. With regard to the reduction in payment, we refer to the current payment and condition agreements.
VI. Availability of the goods
If at the time of the order the goods selected in the Becker Spare Parts Online Shop by the customer are no longer available, we will inform you immediately in the order confirmation. If the selected goods are permanently not available, we will not make a declaration of acceptance. In this case a contract is not concluded. If the selected goods are only temporarily unavailable, we will inform you immediately in the order confirmation.
VII. Delivery dates
1. The estimate of time given for delivery shall run from the date on which the order has been accepted in writing by the Company. Time shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Company shall in no case liable for any loss suffered by any delay in delivery howsoever caused and any delay in delivery by the Company shall not be sufficient cause for cancellation of the order by the Purchaser.
2. If the company is prevented (directly or indirectly) from making delivery of products, or performing or completing any of It’s obligations by reason of acts of God, inclement weather, wars, strikes, lockouts, trade disputes, or other industrial action, fires, explosions, breakdowns, interruption of transport. Government or administrative action, delays in delivery to the Company of any goods or materials, or any cause whatsoever (whether or not of the like nature to those specified above) outside its control, the company shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Purchaser, and shall be entitled at its option (to be notified to the Purchaser in writing) either to cancel the contract or to extend the time of its performance by a period equivalent to that during which performance by the Company has been prevented by the circumstances herein before referred to.
3. If the Purchaser shall within 7 days of the delivery of the products find that the products or any of them are in damaged condition or if the quality received differs from the quality advised by the Company as delivered, the Purchaser shall immediately give notice in writing to the Company of the relevant facts. If such notice is not received within 7 days of delivery by the Company the Company will not be liable to the Purchaser in respect of any loss or damage suffered and the Purchaser shall accept liability as if all the product had been received and shall not claim against the company in respect of non or short delivery or damage.
VIII. Transfer of property
1. In any case, the risk is transferred to you at the point of delivery, even if part deliveries are made. The point of delivery will depend on the incoterms selected. Ex work, DDP, etc.
2. It is expressly agreed that the property in and title to all products supplied by the company to the Purchaser shall remain the Company's until payment for the goods has been made in full upon which event the property in and ownership of the product shall pass to the Purchaser. If in default of payment (after 30 days from the date of invoice) the Company may without prejudice to any other rights or remedies upon 48 hours written notice to the buyer resume possession of the products.
3. Until the ownership of the products passes as aforesaid the Purchaser shall be deemed to hold the products as bailee of the Company.
4. While holding the products as such bailee the Purchaser shall use all reasonable care to keep the products in the condition in which they were delivered, and shall keep the products insured in the full contract price.
1. If during the period of twelve calendar months from the date delivery of the products by the Company such products shall be proved by the Purchaser to the satisfaction of the Company to be defective by reason of faulty workmanship and/or materials, and the Company is notified within 14 days in writing of the alleged defect becoming apparent and the defective products are returned carriage paid to the Company then the Company shall at its option and without cost to the purchaser either repair or replace the defective product, provided however that:
2. All products replaced shall be the property of the Company.
3. Failure by the Purchaser to carry out any of its obligations shall relieve the Company of any liability.
4. Notwithstanding anything contained in these conditions the sole liability in respect of products not manufactured by the Company but merely resold shall be to give the Purchaser the benefit of such sums (if any) recovered from the manufacturer of such products as the Company shall consider reasonable.
5. If without the prior written consent of the Company, repairs or replacements are made to the Purchaser to a product the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever under this clause 10 and no allowance shall be made for any repairs or alterations so made.
6. The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any product which has not in its opinion been properly installed, maintained and operated save as aforesaid.
7. The liability of the Company in respect of products supplied or any loss, injury or damage or secondary or remote losses attributable thereto (directly or indirectly)is limited to making good by supplying replacement. At the expiration of the period mentioned in the introduction to clause 10 hereof all liability on the part of the Company in respect of any products shall cease. No liability shall attach to the Company until the products have been paid for and the Company shall in no circumstances be liable for any consequential loss injury or damage.
8. The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) and liability in tort for any defection, or failure of, or unsuitability for any purpose of, the products, whether the same be due (directly or indirectly) to any act, omission, negligence or wilful default of the Company or its servants or agents to faulty design, manufacture or materials, or to any other cause whatsoever
9. There is no warranty for damage that has occurred for the following reasons: Inappropriate or improper use, faulty installation or commissioning by you or third parties, natural wear, faulty or negligent treatment, unsuitable equipment, replacement materials, defective construction work, unsuitable ground and chemical, electrochemical or electrical influences, unless they are due to our fault.
X. Cancellation by the company
1. In the event of unjustifiable events within the meaning of Section VII. of these General Terms and Conditions, provided that their economic significance has a substantial effect on our business and, in the event of it subsequently turning out that performance is impossible, the contract shall be adjusted appropriately. Insofar as this is not economically justifiable, we have the right to withdraw wholly or partly from the contract.
2. Claims for damages on your part due to such a withdrawal do not exist. If we wish to make use of the right of withdrawal, we are obliged to inform you immediately after detection, even if an extension of the delivery period was initially agreed with you.
3. If the purchaser shall make any default in or commit any broach of any of its obligations with respect to payment of any sums due to the Company under any other contract whatsoever of if any distress execution or other legal process shall be levied upon or served out against the Purchases property or assets or if the purchaser shall make or offer to make any arrangements or composition with its creditors or commit any act of bankruptcy or if any petition or receiving order shall be presented or made against the Purchaser or if any resolution or petition to wind up the Purchaser (being a Company) shall be passed or presented, or it a receiver of all or any of its assets shall be appointed, then in each and every such case the Company shall have the right forthwith or at any time thereafter to determine the contract (except insofar as it relates to products title to which shall already have passed to the Purchaser) and to cancel any outstanding delivery or deliveries and to stop any products in transit and notwithstanding any other provisions hereof, payment in respect of any delivery already made shall be immediately due: but entirely without prejudice to any remedy which the Company may have against the Purchaser.
1. These Terms and Conditions are subject solely to English law and any dispute arising herefrom shall be settled in accordance therewith.
Becker UK Limited